It is one of Karnataka’s best day hikes. The trip begins in a small town, enters the fort wall, and goes through seven stone doors to reach the midway point, which includes a Sankareswari shrine. The view from the top of the temple is stunning enough to take your breath away for a time.
After passing through the temple, the trip goes on via a small rainforest cave, where we will encounter a whole other universe, until arriving at the meadow top of the hill, which is encircled by massive boulders. We begin our descent back to the trek’s starting point after spending some time at the summit with some light chit-chat and a packed lunch.
What does our Uttari Betta Trek expert have to say about it?
The starting point of the journey
- We start the hike late at night intending to reach the summit before the sun rises.
The journey begins in a little town. After walking through the village in the dark for a respectable amount of time, you will enter the defensive barricade and pass through seven stone entryways. The trail is generally shaky because it passes through boulders and steps carved out of big rocks. After passing through these doors, you will reach the midpoint of the ascent, which is marked by a Shankeshwar temple.
Vista from the temple summit
- The vista from the temple’s summit is stunning enough to cling to your mind for a few moments. After going through the sanctuary, the road continues, passing through a small woodland tunnel and entering a new environment, before arriving at the grassland on the hillock’s crest, which is surrounded by enormous stones and rocks.
- We let ourselves be engulfed in the splendor of the magnificent daybreak, with its fascinating blend of hues in the sky. We’ll begin our descent back to base camp as soon as possible after that. While being enthralled by the beauty of the slopes, try to move with caution. We’ll take a break for breakfast before continuing to Bangalore.
● Approximate total distance:
7 km (Both the ways)
The price is Rs. 1300/-. (per person)
Itinerary for the Uttari Betta Trek
Pickup at 06:45 a.m. from the New Shanti Sagar Hotel in Domlur.
Pick up at 7:00 a.m. from Garuda Mall on Magrath Road.
- 09:00 Arrive at the bottom and begin ascending
- 11:30 Climb to the summit and have a look around. Bring lunch with you.
- Start descending at 12:30 p.m.
- 15:00 Arrive at the base village and begin the journey back.
- Arrival in Bangalore is expected to be about 18:00.
- Please remember to bring a packed lunch for this hike.
What to Bring with yourself for the utter betta trek
- A water bottle with a capacity of 2/3 liters
- The trek’s lunch
- On a trek, trekking shoes provide increased grip and comfort. (Action trekking shoes are preferred)
- To put all of this stuff in, you’ll need a proper haversack.
- Extra batteries are required for a good torch.
- Sunscreen and a hat
- Energy Bars / Dry Fruits / Dry Snacks
- Sachets of Glucon D, ORS, Tang, and Gatorade
- Identity Proof for Personal First Aid and Personal Medicine
- Please wear long-sleeved shirts and full track pants to protect yourself from the sun, thorns, insects, and prickles.
Uttar Betta Trek: What you cannot find on any other website
This exclusive sunrise journey takes you right into the heart of nature, with caverns, wildernesses, and gigantic stones that leave you in awe at life’s enormity. It assures that travelers are at one with the abundant wildlife and vegetation that its route provides.
So, if you’re looking for a place where you can be completely immersed in nature, join us on this adventure and be a part of something bigger than us all.
View of utter betta
Uttara Betta hike is a 5-kilometer adventure that takes you to a breathtaking green scene that has strangely vanished in the city vicinity. Traveling to Uttari Betta, like the Western Ghats, begins with a tiny hamlet that opens up to fortress dividers and then passes through seven stone entryways to reach the midway of the journey, which contains the Shankheshwar sanctuary at the summit. The view from the zenith point is very breathtaking.
In the end, this trek will no doubt be one of your life Times best treks. With all such beauty and memories, this trek will be unforgettable.
Read more: Top 13 Best Place to Visits in Pakistan