Healthcare professionals know that fruits are a nutritious, scrumptious and easy addition to any diet plan. With more than thousands of fruits available, you have enough options to make the choice that suits your lifestyle or taste.
Each type of fruit entails its own set of benefits and nutrients to your plate. The key to a healthy body is to eat fruits of different colours. You may not know but each colour offers a different set of nutrients. No matter where you look, the food we intake gets farther away from nature. The grocery store is filled with canned meals and processed foods that contain additives and preservatives, which are absolutely difficult to pronounce. Nowadays, our taste buds and sudden cravings drive us to cheeseburgers and French fries instead of green veggies.
It’s a little to wonder that over the past few years, rates of diabetes, heart illness, obesity, and other metabolic-related diseases have increased quite steadily. So, what should a man do? Well, considering the hectic schedules and unhealthy diet choices, it is advised and quite imperative to steer towards fresh fruits and vegetables. While they make a great option for breakfast, lunch and even dessert, you can enjoy different baking dishes by adding fruits.
Most fruits are sweet and make an ideal addition to a dessert recipe. If you are running late for breakfast, take an apple or a banana or even guava with you, it is enough to fuel your body with energy.
To understand the benefits and nourishment of fresh fruits and vegetables, let’s dive into all the wonderful reasons you should start consuming nature’s healthy produce:
- GREAT SOURCE OF MINERALS AND VITAMINS: You will not find a better source of nutrition than vegetables and fruits that are packed with Vitamin A, C and E along with Zinc, Magnesium, and Folic Acid. Since potassium is what your body needs the most, you can try adding avocados, bananas, tomatoes, prunes, and sweet potatoes to your diet.
- ENJOY DIFFERENT FLAVOUR AND TEXTURE: Since all fruits have their own unique flavours, you will have the opportunity to be creative in the kitchen. From trying strong flavours of olives, onions, peppers to trying out mild options such as corn, mushrooms, and more. If you wish to try out sweet flavours with textured senses, enjoy pineapple, plums, and grapes, with so many options, why not try the one that is suitable for your mood and taste bud.
- LOAD YOUR BODY WITH FIBER: Fruits and vegetables entail ample fibre to fill up your body and improve your gut health. If you are planning to consume fibre-rich fruits and vegetables, try adding raspberry, apples, pears, pumpkin, green peas, cauliflower, broccoli, and more.
- LOW-CALORIE AND FAT: On average, fruits and vegetables are low in fat and calories, this means you can consume more or until you are full without having to worry about gaining extra calories. You can try saving more than 200 calories by consuming half a cup of grapes.
- PROTECTION AGAINST CHRONIC DISEASES: Many fruits and vegetables entail chemicals, which are biologically active elements that help combat or protect against any illness. This means you can lower the risk of Type-2 Diabetes, Heart Disease, Stroke, cancer, and high blood pressure. Vegetables such as broccoli or cabbage are known to lower cholesterol levels and reduce risks of cancer.
- MAINTAIN GOOD HEALTH: Fruits and vegetables are low in sugar, fat and salt, therefore helping a lot in maintaining a well-balanced diet. This can help you lead a healthy lifestyle with weight loss and reduce inflammation.
You can enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables bought from apps that bring you to farm-fresh produce at the best price. While it may take a little effort to try new things, add fruits to your diet and lead a healthy life.
Read more: Bacopa Monnieri benefits the health